Sunday, February 8, 2009

OK, so here's why I think I don't post pictures on a daily basis....I LOVE taking pictures - capturing images to last a lifetime and beyond....I just don't like sitting at the computer!!
Anyway, here are some from the week....
Chase never used to like pajamas - and now we're in Pajama mode!!

Chase had a project due Friday for the 100th day of school, which happens to be February 10th. His number was 28 and he had to decorate the number creatively. Well, being that we live in a house with an outdoorsmen, David thought he'd use fishing lures in order to show the number! Well, of course, Chase LOVED the idea so we did it - this is the final product.As you know, I've started the New York Institute of Photography course, and the number one thing that point out, is that we overlook all the beauty that we see everyday. We know the things that we see everyday, and we may even comment that it's beautiful or unique, but do we really SEE it. Anyway, they say it better than I do, but I began to open my eyes to the things around me, things that I see everyday that I may not really See anymore. Besides work, the large portion of my day is my commute. I work in Sugar Land, which means that I have an hour commute to and from work, which is where I'm listening to my CD's at for school!! I decided that you guys can see what I see on a daily basis.
On Thursday, after I picked Chase up, we decided to go to the city park for awhile. I had an assignment to do there, so we mixed business with Chase's pleasure by getting to play on the playground! We were taking pictures, though together - I can never have too many of those!
On Saturday, we took the kids to the Harbor in Freeport, here are a few pictures from there. It was super windy, and we didn't get the kids in the water - the water temperature was in the 60's!!!


Isn't this a beautiful shot?!?! I've been fascinated with these type images for awhile now....
The haze that you see at the horizon line is actually the salt in the air and the wind kicking up sand. Crazy!
My mom would've had a cow at this picture! She wouldn't want the kids to be sitting so close to the water!

No comments: