Saturday, March 7, 2009

Announcement!!!!!

I’m super excited to announce that I’m starting my own photography business – Nicole Jones Photography! This is a venture that my mom encouraged me to take long ago, and 2 ½ years after her death, I’ve finally decided to take the leap!

For now, I will be an on-location photographer. This simply means that I will not work out of a studio in a home or office environment. We stopped doing studio portraits a long time ago, as I just got tired of the same old backgrounds. Also, by the time that my kids warmed up to the photographer, the session was almost over! My kids were always happier in their own environment or outside, so that is my train of thought. It may work out in the future, that I turn to a studio in my home or getting my own space, but for now, I think that God is calling me to be on-location. I specialize in many types of photography, but the true calling for this business is to freeze time for you and your family.

Now that you've found my blog, please log on and become a follower so that I know you’re out there and reading! I’ve recently gotten my website and I'll be adding new pictures soon. I really LOVE being behind the camera, NOT the computer. True art is the art that comes from the photographer’s eye and camera, not the computer later.

In the coming weeks and months, I will be adding more features and offering specials. So, please be watching the blog or your email for those. You’ll be seeing plenty of sports pictures on the blog and on the website coming up, please don’t think that is all I do. I am available for children’s portraits, family, maternity, weddings, and events (such as birthday parties).

Since I’m on–location, my “studio” is basically wherever my camera and I show up to. That being said, I’ll travel within 45 minutes from West Columbia with no extra charge to you. This includes Brazoria, Ft. Bend, Matagorda, and the edge of Galveston counties. Any further than that (such as Harris County), there will be a $10.00 charge.

No comments: