Thursday, November 13, 2008

School's Never Out

Today, I was going to give you a little of my “education” so-to-speak. Besides, taking pictures for more than 2 decades, I am constantly trying to improve. School’s never out, right?! Well, I’m currently enrolled in a photography class at Brazosport Junior College. In October, I took a Natural Light Photography class. This class taught me tons of information about using natural light and shade to your advantage. And, as you’ve seen from my last post, I took an Intro to Weddings and Bridal Workshop that took place in Austin last weekend!!!!

In May 2009, I’ll be attending for the first time the Texas School of Photography, which will be held in Arlington, TX this year. This is a week-long "school" taught by professionals. You attend 1 class all week long during the days and in the evenings, there is fun, food, and fellowship. And, my ultimate goal is to get signed up for the National Institute of Photography in 2009! This is the ULTIMATE in education in the photography world. It's a school that has been around since 1910 (yes, you read it right) and it's a online course-I'm very excited about this new adventure. BUT, first I have to get past Christmas!!! :)

As you can see, I make photography and learning different aspects a priority in my life. Oh, I almost forgot to tell you that I’m a 2 year Brazoria County fair winner in the photography category. Here is the winning picture from this year!!!


Looking ahead: Monique turns 9 on Saturday! She's going to LOVE the present we have for her!

No comments: