Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm So Thankful!!!!!

What a crazy 2 days it's been!!!! Yesterday afternoon, I turned on my camera to take some pictures of a really cool door that my department and I had decorated for a contest and my CAMERA WOULDN'T COME ON!!!!! End of the world for those that know me! Anyway, I rush over to my favorite place Wolf Camera (also known as Ritz Camera. Obviously my warranty is out on the camera, but good news that the step above the camera I had, is ON SALE!! HMMMMM, Merry Christmas to me right!?! I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to get that.....
Anway, you're probably wondering why I'm so Thankful, then right?! Well, this morning, I'm sitting at work and a friend of mine and one of my best friends in the whole world has just had an accident coming to work! She seems to be OK, but complaining of shoulder pain. So, I drive my friend (who happens to be the mom of the friend of that had the accident) to the hospital. We pull up just as the ambulance is unloading her. So, we rush inside and wait to see what is going on. Details are a little sketch, but basically my friend and her daughter got tossed around in the car a lot. The daughter is fine, a little bump on her head, but my friend has a sprained shoulder and a possible torn rotator cuff. She has numerous small cuts on her face from where the glass shattered and cut her, but not any huge cuts!! THIS is why I'm so thankful. I'm thankful they weren't hurt, they were responsible enough to wear seat belts, and that --although her injuries are painful and emotional damage from having an accident this big -- she's alive and walking and talking, and that we still have her here!!!
Now, the breaking of my camera doesn't seem as big as it did yesterday!
I'm loving life and glad you popped over to read! Have a great day!

No comments: